
Marktplatz 9, 65183 Wiesbaden
The Caligari FilmBühne on Marktplatz opened as the Ufa-Palast on 21 December 1926, with just under 1,000 seats at the time. The auditorium was rebuilt in 1955 to plans by the architect Ludwig Goerz. It takes its name from Robert Wiene's silent film Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari. The municipal cinema is run by the cultural office of the city of Wiesbaden, and the Deutsches Filminstitut & Filmmuseum programmes some of the evenings. New releases play dubbed on one evening and in the original with subtitles on another, and there are silent films with live music. About a third of the screenings are subtitled.